Saturday, June 11, 2011

New tripod!

After Vivid, I realized that my trusty old Slik (at least a decade older than me!) wasn't really up to the task of supporting my D90 and fat-ass 17-55 for long exposures. With that in mind, I picked up a Manfrotto 190XPROB and 804RC2 head. Awesome.

Now, no post without pics. As you may remember, I was intending to go back to Milson's point to experiment with long exposures, but I last night I found myself in the vicinity of Lady Macquarie's Chair (on the other side of the harbour), so I decided to stop by and give the new tripod a whirl (yes I just so happened to have my camera in my car. And my new tripod. And my ND filter. :D)

From this side, the bridge and Opera House aren't particularly well lit, so I won't post up those pictures. Instead, here is a bit of the Sydney skyline.

Nikon D90, 17-55 mm f/2.8 @ 18mm | 239.0 sec @ f/8.0, ISO 100

There are a few blurred stars in the sky, but I decided not to remove them in post.

No comments:

Post a Comment